Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest multipasser

Baking Objects/textures (from Cloner)

Guest multipasser
  • Topic Author
  • Hey folks,

I'm new to C4d and loving it. I was a hardcore LW user. But the transition has been smooth.

Still I cannot find what must be a simple thing.

I have made a box, cloned it 200x, added a random effector. Also gave the cloner a Multishader and added a step effector to randomize textures on the boxes (everybox has different texture)

So the boxes are all over the place. When I travel with my camera in a straight line, I fly through some boxes.

What I want to do is just BAKE the objects in space (which I can do by selecting cloner and pressing 'current state to object', but is this the best way? But I loose my Multishade texture!) and want to keep all my textures on the boxes. So the multishade must be baked on every object i guess.

I hope someone can help me.

Regards

"Current State of Object" does not "bake", but merely converts the object from whatever it was to polygon object (I think, cause I've never really used it). To bake you would use either "Bake Object" or "Bake Texture" in the Render menu. I am not sure how it would handle the randomized textures. Perhaps Bake Texture would suit if it also permits a step effector in it's attributes. Randomizing through a clutch of clones is an interesting idea.

When you say "bake the objects in space", are they floating around? Are they arrayed? Baking (as used in C4D) is really a device to reduce render times for animations (relating to material/texturing calculations).

do you really mean "bake the texture" ? cause to do that you would need a uv map for each object and then an image file with the texture on it for each object?

Im not sure what you mean but perhaps try using the tag called "stick texture" in the cinema 4d tags when you right click your object in the side menu?