Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rareseu

Extrude Along Spline

• Topic Author
  • Does anybody know how this can be done in c4d ? i'm trying to create a trigger guard for a gun, and i want to extrude a poly along the contour that i traced out with a spline.

I've tried to do this using sweep nurbs :

obviusly with little result , so can anybody help pls ?

im guessing you would have to manually extrude and change the angle as you extrude, or drop the spline in an extrude nurbs?

extrude along spline would be cool

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

sadly i think i'll have to go the hard way and extrude and change angles along the way...i was hopeing it wouldn't come to this

i agree, id love to know if theres a way to do it, if not maybe someone will write a plugin! cant see it being that difficult to do, not that id even know where to start or how it may work laugh.gif

You just need to rotate the axis of the spline 90º

that would do it roflmao.gif

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

you were right Goldorak, thx for the suggestion :D

wow, i was starting to think i was talking rubbish and not making any sense! that is what i meant!!!

thanks for that VestanPance im going to try it out spoton.gif

All you have to remember when using the sweep nurbs is that the Z-Axis of spline to be swept will be tangential to the path spline. The X and Y axis will determine the attitude of the shape along the sweep. Rotate the axes until you get the correct answer.