Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Siion

Cinema 4d "undo" On Rigs

Guest Siion
  • Topic Author
  • Whenever I set up a rig, if i say move a hand around and click back, sometimes it goes back to its original position before i first moved it.

sometimes it doesnt, but it does back, sometimes it douplicates the joint i've made that moves so i have 2, 1 where i moved it 1 back in previous place. sometimes it deletes random stuff like splines in my objects

any idea why this happens?

cheers.

Guest Siion
  • Topic Author
  • Yeah I have, I think when it deletes splines it's deleting the spline that is xpress tagged to it. ; ; doing ma head in lol.

It sounds as if you expect undo to undo the action of an expression (Xpresso, IK, etc.) which it can't. If you move an IK handle undo can only undo the handle movement, not the action of the expression based on it.

Cheers

Bjorn

Guest Siion
  • Topic Author
  • ah might be why. thanks etype i'll keep that in mind by saving increments.

I've added myt scene file. If sometimes I move say: "L_Hand-Controler" then click undo, it messes up.

But I guess it's just how it is ment to be, I watched a tutorial on rigging that says you can set default positions.

When watching others some people do some like key command on keyboard and it puts the bone back into its original position, idk the command though. ; ; lol

Edit: Cheers for all the help everyone :)

Guest Siion
  • Topic Author
  • cuse all tutorials are on c4d 9 lol i aint found 1 on c4d10 that show me how to do it better.

Guest Siion
  • Topic Author
  • I've had a mess around with the Codswollop. Very detailed and good tutorials.

The problems I had with codswollop is the hand rotations and getting the hand to work peroply. it didnt really and wasnt working correctly for what i needed..

the only other i found is the hand one, but he using c4d9 and i couldnt find the "fix bones" option :(

I'll check out the Cineversity to try get it working. rather than make this topic a million posts long

ty everyone for your help :)

I looked at your scene file with the hand problems. Sorry I'd need hours to figure out what's wrong with it. (That got my head banging a bit!!) I think you need to learn to walk before you can run. Rig and animate simple characters first and then work your way up full hand rigs with set driven keys to animate the fingers.

I would also suggest doing the R10 DVD rigging tutorial. Note there's some updates on the Cineversity site.

Fix bones is on the bone tool but since you're using R10 then you should be using joints.

3DKiwi

Guest Siion
  • Topic Author
  • would that be like your codswollop tutorial?

I followed that with the attached scene. is that a better way? I need to accurately do the weighting for this and add the finger movements.

I find this way a lot easier and more enjoyable :D