Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

morpheus

Sss

Man, thanks for that one. This was for me one of the darkest corners of C4D, with your help we all will be able to start meddling with SSS with some fundament on what we are doing when changing parameters.

Thanks very much for time and generosity.

Guest Joshfilms

Haven't watched but looking forward to it, thank you!

-Josh

Is it just me,or there is someone else with vista64 not playing sound in IE/firefox?

Is Vista element incapable of dealing with .rar files? I have rar.exe and all it seems to do is flash a "Command prompt" window for a split second.

Solution: Download new version and install (my old one was on a HD from my old machine) ohmy.gif .

• Topic Author
  • the .rar file has to be uncompressed first. It's just like a zip file.

Movies play fine for me in firefox, but not in safari on a mac.

Morph

Wow! This stuff is terrific! Very professional and very clear commentary. beerchug.gif

anyone ever think about using dispersion or blur the transparency.

takes longer to render but it works

I wish there was just a folder full of SSS materials already made. Seems if that was the case it would be all down to light positon and color changes in the material editor.

Exactly so. That's why it's better for a person to come up with an SSS solution himself... so many factors involved. I didn't mention this in the Tut, but you will also notice that the little shader preview you get in your Material Editor, when you're dialing up an SSS effect, is often WAY-Y-Y different from the actual results you're getting in your Viewport renders. Might as well disregard it, even.

Personally I don't even use the sss shader to make SSS, I just up the blurriness in the transparency channel to something like 5% or what ever.

Course in v11 you also get "absorption- color and distance" in the transparency channel.

may take longer, but it gives way better results.

I also messed around with the sss shader for 2months straight trying to make at least a good shader with it.

nothing......I gave up.......