Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest RichardJ

Light Effects

Guest RichardJ
  • Topic Author
  • Anyone have any bright (see what I did there) ideas on how to create a flash of light

I need this as I have a old bottle spinning, which speeds up really fast, as it hits it's peak the bottle changes into a new bottle, so at that point I want a brilliant flash of light, think sci fi films or like in Back to Future when the car disappears into the Future/Past so the 2 bottle are transposed and when it slows down to a stop the new bottle is sitting there

Also is there anyway to also get a blurred effect when it gets really fast maybe in the render settings?

cheers for your help...

P.S. I need to have this done in 12 hours

Cheers

Rich

You have vector motion blur and lens effects

A simple version of your idea

One way you can create the light effect is through flares. in the light settings, under the lens tab, enable the glow. you can change the size so its as big as the scene. If you animate that the happen at the right moment, you should have a nice effect :D

Motion blur can me made in the render settings in the effects tab. Enable 'Scene motion blur' and you should be in business ;)

Guest RichardJ
  • Topic Author
  • Cheers for your help boys, both V helpful and I appreciate the time to even put a movie up here...

the ideas work a treat

Cheers

Rich