• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STalon

Anyone Tried Vray For C4d?

• Topic Author
  • I just realised its been released publicly for a little while now. I would really like to know what its like but I cant find any reviews or anything useful about it. So anyone whos used it...whats it like? pros and cons? whats the GI like laugh.gif ?

• Topic Author
  • Ive seen some of the threads about it here on C4Dcafe already. I was just wondering if people could give their impressions and opinions all in one area so we could get a better idea of how it performs in general rather than just on specific scenes. Maybe even discuss what it does better than AR etc?

It is very fast and without any artifacts. It is just an awesome render engine. I've played with it for 3 days by now and I'm impressed.

Not that AR is not good. But Vray is for GI just a better choice. For other lighting I'll use AR..

Peace,

Rich_Art. :)

Now I'm a gamer :-) . Xbox One GameTag = Olijke Poffer

Rich

Is it possible for you to do a few speed tests between Vray and AR. I'm desperate for something faster than AR so it's either going to be Vray or Final Render. They're both capable of great renders so it might just come down to speed. Final Render looks blazing fast in the little video on the page where they're anouncing an OS X version coming soon. You mention that Vray is fast... How fast? Oh, and flicker free?

Cheers

Karl

take a look in the galleries and wip sections on the forum, at the bottom of most of the renders it has a time....

it is dam quick!!!

good one to start HERE

My Website - If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, you win. Forever.

Vray is more (only) for GI renders. AR can do both, Now that I have Vray I use that for GI and for everything else I'll continue to use AR.

Vray makes cristal clear images and it does the job very fast. I almost never have seen such nice GI coming out of AR. there are exceptions of course.

Peace,

Rich_Art. wink.gif

Because it is designed to render GI.

Peace,

Rich_Art. wink.gif

Yes you can do normal renders as well. But the power of Vray is the GI.

See attachment. This is rendered without GI.

Peace,

Rich_Art. wink.gif