Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Allufrio

The Truth Is Out There....

Practice and planning is the key as already mentioned. Start with a rough blocking model and gradually add increasing levels of detail to the overall model. Don't over detail one small section at a time. You will never finish it.

A great word is "Enough!" A bad word is "Just.."

Learn different techniques and explore all the options in each tool.

I spent hours welding individual points until I learned about the Optimize command.

Try something different just for the change. It doesn't have to be anything impressive or big. Try a detailed component from the innards of a washing machine or something equally banal. There is as much work in doing something like that as there is in a car body.

Don't feel swamped and take breaks away from 3D altogether. I know it's hard but keep a real life. wink.gif

Cheers, Alan.

well said the man wit the beard...a double for him barman

A double! Skinflint. wink.gif

Guest Allufrio
  • Topic Author
  • Well, Kiwi - I did borrow the Entire Series box set from a mate, currently on the last DVD of the first series....always liked x-files but the storyline is a little bland at the beginning...hope if gets a little more interesting later on......

Back to the topic, I really apreciate all this advice - I also agree to having to take breaks from 3D on occasions since I for one have had no alternative other than to leave Cinema for two to three days at certain times basically due to the fact that I've been so frustrated at a model that carrying on would probably have me throwing something at the monitor. Maybe even cursing the heck out of C4D - when I trully know that it is probably the best piece of software I've ever owned!! I'm really happy with Cinema, so much so, that I want to be a full blown pro at it and want to cut the time between now, and there - if you know what I mean. Anyhow, will get back to it....am currently waiting on r10.5 to arrive - I'll get some inspiration from KM rigging tut !! wohoooo! smile.gif