Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest LionHeart

Free Hand Splines!

Guest LionHeart
  • Topic Author
  • Greetings everyone smile.gif

How do you put on faces for freehand splines?. I have maid my form and now i need a face on it.

You can put the spline in an extrude nurbs object or in a loft nurbs object smile.gif

extrude nurbs

Guest LionHeart
  • Topic Author
  • signthankspin.gif, thats what i tought myself. I tried and it worked great exept for one thing... I have extruded it upwards, but the buttom part is open so i can see inside.

How do i get a face to cover that part?

Again, :) very much for the help.

The spline needs to be closed for the extrude nurbs to generate caps.

Guest LionHeart
  • Topic Author
  • The spline is closed! And when i put in extrude nurbs it generates 2 objects inside the spline, they are called Cap 1 and Cap 2. They are slighty away from each other. Do the one represant the top, and the other the buttom?

I think they do because i tried to extrued both at the same time and then it was not open. But it generated some strange faces at the buttom witch stretches out.

Guest Andoy
  • Topic Author
  • check the start cap and end cap settings

usually you dont get any seperate objects called caps 1 and 2 unless you have made the extrude editable...

if you have made it editable then just select the extrude plus the caps and connect them... then delete the original as C4D

will make another object that is a compilation of the extrude plus its caps..

then do an optimise on the new object..

Guest LionHeart
  • Topic Author
  • check the start cap and end cap settings

usually you dont get any seperate objects called caps 1 and 2 unless you have made the extrude editable...

if you have made it editable then just select the extrude plus the caps and connect them... then delete the original as C4D

will make another object that is a compilation of the extrude plus its caps..

then do an optimise on the new object..

I have to make it editable to extrude. I tried it but they are still apart from eachother after i connect them. The only difference now is that i can delete the original once as you said.

Can i melt them together or what?

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • here is a screenshot of a freehand spline under a extrudenurbs

plus the extrude settings

I have to make it editable to extrude. I tried it but they are still apart from eachother after i connect them. The only difference now is that i can delete the original once as you said.

Can i melt them together or what?

After you make it editable and connect the objects, go into point mode, selection>select all, then function>optimize. Should solve your problem of "melting" the caps to the object.