Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest moroko

Extruding Logos

Guest moroko
  • Topic Author
  • Hi!! i want to do a logo animation...when i import the AI/psd path i extrude it...however, when i do the caps and the fillet for the edges... it affects the size/edges/shape of the logo. And some edges overlap each other when they are close enough.

thanks

I know there are soem settings you can check.,...but still it gives me the same issue

In the caps section of the extrude tool make sure you tick constrain. This only becomes active once you select a fillet cap type.

Hope this helps smile.gif

Steve

Guest moroko
  • Topic Author
  • Did already but when i check it, it alters the shape (width) of the logo...i have tried the inwards option too.

thanks!

any other suggestions?

Guest erasmo
  • Topic Author
  • I've come acros this problem as well - and as far as i can see there isnt an easy solution.

If the fillet isnt constrained then adding a fillet doesnt seem to cause any issues.

Problems happen when the fillet is contrained to the original shape and the size of the fillet causes intersection issues and faces filling in.

I've played around with most settings and its doent seem to resolve the problem.

One, work around, not ideal, is to create the original .ai path with a 'thinner' profile so that when you add the fillet without constrain it 'grows' to your desired shape.

Its seems to me that cinema still has fairly limited bevel and extrusion controls compared to a software like FormZ.

But if anyone can correct me...

Erasmo

You could also try making the shape in C4D with bezier curves instead of importing it from PSD or AI paths. It means a bit of reworking but might be better. wink.gif

Guest moroko
  • Topic Author
  • wish next version has a solution for this kind of problems..... logoas is a plus in motion graphics... and c4d is probably the easiest 3d software for it.

thanks to all