Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest moroko

Animate To Music

Guest moroko
  • Topic Author
  • Hi.... how can i animate the scale...position or rotation of an object with music??? how do i upload the track?

thanks!!

I am pretty sure that what you are looking for can be done with xpresso sound node. Try reading in the manual what it can do and see how you can connect any of it's outputs to object properties. Hope this helps.

If you are still having trouble, let me know. I might try making something (would require some research into music files though).

You create a sound track within the timeline of the animation layout. This has to be added to an object which could quite easily be a null.

Then just make sure you have enough frames in your animation to play the music and also check the little icon next to the add keyframes, etc... buttons that looks like a speaker to turn it on for playback.

Here is a sample file with the sound added.

In the timeline, click on the sound track, and then in the attributes you can add a sound file. Can't remember exactly what types of sound file Cinema can use, best bet is to prob use a wav.

Morph

I thought you meant you wanted the sound to affect the scale, position or rotation. If you just want sound in the background follow Morph's advice smile.gif

Now that you've said that, I guess he could have meant that sound effector type thing you can do with mograph.

Ah well.....take your pick! wink.gif

Morph

GREAT TIPS GUYS..thanks sc018.gif

Guest moroko
  • Topic Author
  • yeah...thanks to both... FYI ..i want the properties to be affected by the beats.. in max you bring the track in and set what properties to be influenced by what channel.

i'll check mograph...any tutorials in mind?

thanks!

And if you want to see the ultimate in animating to music head over to http://www.animusic.com/

Buy both DVD's. You won't be sorry.

3DKIwi

Set your sights high. Have a look at the award winning BigFM-Speakers by Aix Sponza.

Find it under Work > Motion.

Cheers, Alan.