Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dhpdigital

Tp Help Please

• Topic Author
  • Hi, I want to make a picture of money falling from the sky like leaves so looked at the tut form base 80 which was good. Also looked at 3dKiwi's TP serface emitter tut from here which is really helpful so thanks for that one. My problem is that if I have my poly object with a clothilde tag emitted from an object, the result is that they fly towards the Z axis. The emitter reference '+' falls towards the ground They also fall in a uniform manner, and I need random.

Any suggestions?

Here's my file.

ahm you cant mix Cinemas native particles with TP module, so for gravity you need TP Gravity node and set some object with Z axis facing down to it...

now about that cloth, is it neccesary on money? i mean its quite stiff if you ask me and doesnt deform cloth like if you throw it, try it... some deformers on money would do just fine...

• Topic Author
  • Thanks. I'm still not too sure how to go about his. I only used the cloth because in the leaf tut they used it. I just want the notes to fall from the sky randomly with a flutter and a twist. They can't all just be flat and in the same direction. smile.gif

Any ideas?

• Topic Author
  • Here's the poly object note coming out of an emitter. I found out how to add a rolling node to it thumb_yello.gif . It looks OK but still has a kind of barreling pattern. I need a flutter node roflmao.gif

Add in some planar wind with plenty of turbulance. That usually get some nice random fluttering going on.

Morph

• Topic Author
  • Where do I find the turbulence? I've added the Pwind to the XPresso group.

"I've added the Pwind to the XPresso group."

how about checking the settings of the node too?

• Topic Author
  • Clunk! that's the sound of the penny dropping. It's a bit confusing for me as I work on still images 95% of the time. But this is great. My brain is melting, but I like it.

Thanks a lot.

dhpdigital.