Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamesinsincity

Cappucino-ing Dynamics

• Topic Author
  • Hi all - please be patient with me!

I have a deforming object that I'd like to bake into keyframes - the only way to do it that I can come up with is using Cappucino. I tried it - and nothing happens:

I set the animation to frame 0

I clicked on Start Realtime on Cappucino

The animation runs for 90 frames.

I stop Cappucino.

No frames are recorded.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Jim

Hi. Cappucino is used to record live action not played back action i.e. you move an object around in the scene and it gets position keyframes recorded.

I see you have 10.5. If you have Mocca then you can use the new Point cache tag to record the point level animation. The animation is then stored in the tag which can be transferred to another object by copying the object and tag or using the new Point cache deformer.

Hope this helps.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • WoW - that's worth the upgrade alone!! I'll experiment with that now - and thanks for helping (as you always do)!

Jim

• Topic Author
  • Hi Kiwi - Ok - I'm at a loss trying to figure out the procedure of using a Point Cache and Point Cache deformer - any quick breakdown of the steps possible - if you have a moment - you'll be also helping me not lose anymore hair.... :)

Jim

Update: I've gotten as far as inserting the dynamic cloth motion into the cache tag. The doc says to select some points from the character menu > point cache menu - which I have - and nothing changes - I now have a cloth plane that drops realistically and without any tags - or even the original collision object (a cube).

But how can I convert this animated plane to a series of baked keyframes (which I need for another software package)?

Help!

Jim

Hi. I don't know if it's possible to bake the point level cache tag stored animation or to bake a cached cloth tag.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • I know this may sound insane - but - what if I move 1 frame at a time through the dynamics interaction, stop, hit the Keyframe button, go to the next frame, do it again - until I've manually baked the whole scene?

I think I'm starting to lose it....I'm seeing these logistics problems in my sleep and even when I'm driving!

Best

Jim

Try it and see.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • It worked!! - but now Realflow is terminating in a Buffer Overrun - so I'm back to rethinking the whole deal - I wish I knew more about C4D's particle system - so I could generate a splash effect without having to transfer over to RF...

Next Limit says I blew its mind, so to speak, since every point on the polygonal plane is run through RF for every single frame of the animation - they basically said, Man, if you keep this up - you're going to need a bigger boat...

Jim