Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cian

O God Which One. Tell Me!

Guest Cian
  • Topic Author
  • Ok so anyone who has been down the pub will know what it's like to stumble

home with your pockets full of shrapnel ( change )

When I get into my room I through it all on top of my wordrob.

After months and months of doing this I decided to count it today.

€300 would you beleave so before I counted I said I would

treat myself and not spend it on day to day living expenses

With the €300 and an extra €100 I can either buy the new 16GB I touch pod which is well cool

or Sketch & toon which is also well cool.

My brain hurts! Which one?

I want them both.

A very confused Cian.

The big question is, which do you NEED more :)

Guest miketche
  • Topic Author
  • If it were me, I'd go for the iPod.

Just send it to me and ease your pain. I have a few ideas what to spend it on. :)

Sketch and Toon is a nice addition to C4D but it just depends if you need it or not.

I have an IPod Touch and a IPod Shuffle. 99% of the time I end up using the Shuffle which is

much cheaper and easier to carry around. It slowly has become my favorite gadget!

Save up bit more and get both Skecth and Toon and an Ipod Shuffle.:)

Guest Cian
  • Topic Author
  • Sending the money now Raltin Al. Thanks for that man I was going a bit crazy. laugh.gif

I have an I pod shuffle as well which is fairly cool but because you have no screen

you have to suffle through the tracks to find the song your looking for.

Rolando.

Do you think the 3.5 inch i-pod screen would be too small to watch video tuts on.

Im going traveling for a year next July so I need to keep my c4d skills up to scratch

This is the main reason I want the i-pod.

Cian.

Always glad to help, Cian. laugh.gif

The screen on the Ipod Touch is big enough to watch music videos and even TV shows but

I have never watched a C4D tutorial with it. I have to try it and get back to you. One thing

that I want to mention is that videos really use up the battery quickly on these devices.

I love the iPod Touch - but I won't buy the first incarnation - let it ripen a bit - they'll be making mods to the firmware and other tweaks - it's the nature of the business - go for something cool for C4D - I just picked up Add The Sea and it's really sweet...or buy Vue xStream - if I had the money - and a reason beyond "Oh Wow" - I'd buy VRay.... but I still really love AR - and I'm still learning how to tweak better and better effects...

well since you do archviz some sketch renders could help, i was really impressed with the ones i saw on the architecture edition page, and besides no matter how cool the gadget you'll eventually get bored with it but a render effect will endup paying for itself

Guest Cian
  • Topic Author
  • Ok my mind is made up. It's the i-p%$& Sketch & Toon.

I actually have v-ray and haven't really got the chance to play with it so

I was going to learn that before I bought anymore software but knowing MAXON,

Scetch & toon will be fairly easy to learn.

I think your right James. The I pod touch is only 16gb. My brother bought an i-pod a

while back which was only 20GB and no colour screen. Now you can get it with 160GB

Think I'll hold off for a while.

Ok MAXON. Scetch & Toon it is.

One thing I don't like about Maxons online shop is that you can pay by Credit card but not with a wheelbarrow full of change laugh.gif

Cian.

I've just got an iPod Touch and it's a brilliant way to show off your work. The quality of the screen is stunning and as a way of showing off stills and animations it's a much better viewing experience than I thought it was going to be. Obviously it's a different viewing experience than say printed work or a laptop and I wouldn't suggest it's a permanent replacement for either but it has real wow factor if you pass it around in a meeting and works well as a less formal way to punctuate conversations with examples of work than trying to squeeze everyone in front of your MacBook. Battery life is not an issue unless you have unreasonable expectations and it'll play your tunes into the bargain.

If you're going traveling S&T is not going to be much use to you but you'll be glad of an iPod Touch to fill in the boring bits. I can see no reason why tuts wouldn't be OK. Granted it's a small screen but when you see the images you'll be surprised that they don't look as small as you'd think and the clarity of the images is stunning. And if there's anything particularly small happening on screen during the tut the commentary will probably see you through those bits anyway.

Cheers

Karl