Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamesinsincity

New Killer Video Board

• Topic Author
  • Have you guys read about the new NVIDIA Quadro® FX 1700? It's supposed to be great for 3D work - more so than games - precision over performance.

I believe the price will be around $600 - $700 - I think PNY will be building them. It's got 786 MB of video ram - compared to my tiny 128 MB - that should be a significant improvement. The big thing, besides response and clarity I want - is more dedicated OpenGL - which it's supposed to have (V 2.1).

Jim

unfortunately as c4d is attempting to cater to the mac audience, video cards have little effect on us. All the Quadro's are aimed at direct-x and shaders. So they halp out max and maya users, while c4d generally relies on cpu power.

Guest Vestanpance

I am using the FX 2500 and it works like a charm for me. I came in my Dell M90 Laptop so I don;t recall the specific cost.

• Topic Author
  • You're right - 512 MB - I was thinking about another NVidia board I'm also considering.

In any case - here's a review from CG Society:

http://features.cgsociety.org/story.php?story_id=4254

Tell me what you think!

Jim

Guest Vestanpance

Paramita,

I tried finding the list of specs from my Dell account but can't seem to pull it up.

My M90 is a Core 2 Duo 2.13, 2G Mem, Quadro 2500m and it runs likes a champ. I have attached the specs. Rendering is very fast and mobile! smile.gif

LoL i've just looked at my specs and it is the same. Only the frgament programm length and max textures indirections are a little bit lower.

I don't know what they do....

I have a XFX geforce 7900GTX GFX card.

Peace,

Rich_Art. wink.gif

Guest Vestanpance

yeah, I read somewhere that the 2500 was just a 7900 tweaked for CAD performance.

• Topic Author
  • I finally found a dealer for the Quadro FX 1700 - it arrives tomorrow - I'll let you know my impression if you'd like...

The whole thing cost about $630

Jim