Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Rudebwoy

C4d Cafe Phone Modelling Tutorial Question

Guest Rudebwoy
  • Topic Author
  • Sorry I was using your phone at first then decided to try a newer model, but I am using your phone tutorial as a guide. So basically I have to keep on eye on my knife cutz and add more cutz for greater control?Oh! one more thing. Do I to resolution, do just simple add more segments before making editable?

"Cutz" I can see you are not an English teacher!!

Oh! one more thing. Do I to resolution, do just simple add more segments before making editable?

Say what? Isn't it editable now? You should hold out for as long as possible before making the symmetry object editable. Even when you do it's not uncommon to later chop the model in half again to work only on one side.

3DKiwi

Guest Rudebwoy
  • Topic Author
  • Correct! I am not an english teacher, was a bit distracted when I typed that last posting. If I was to start this model over, on my intial cube, would I add more segments to increase the resolution? That's what I meant. Sorry!

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • i would start with less then add where needed. you need more cuts, at the same time you have to make sure you dont add to much because that will increase render time.

so like kiwi said "you need more cuts" but make sure you only add the cuts you need

With box modelling you need to plan your cuts well ahead or you will paint yourself into a corner. A good example on your model is the side view where you have a triangle. You should have continued this cut right round the top in a continuous loop (this is why they are sometimes called edge loops) Doing this avoids the triangle AND when you come to deal with the side button it would be an easy matter to arrange the points around it. With your current arrangement you will have problems with the button later on. Been there and done that (I think we all have).

Guest Rudebwoy
  • Topic Author
  • I really appreciate all of the positive feed back that I've been receiving on this problem. I was very close to giving up, But I know that persistence will eventually pay off.

Thank you all,

Rudebwoy

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • we have all been there spoton.gif

mybe not me but others have

joke roflmao.gif

Guest Rudebwoy
  • Topic Author
  • Ok! I took all of the advice that I have received to heart, and have started a new file and really payed close attention to the areas where I think that knife cuts should be applied. I've attached a jpeg file, so that you may all view. Do you think that I should apply more cuts, or is what I have here already good enough to start moving points?

Rudebwoy

Guest Rudebwoy
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you 3DKiwi, I'm actually starting to get the hang of this.

Rudebwoy