Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Knight-Templar

Save Project

Guest Knight-Templar
  • Topic Author
  • I am now selecing save project to save the scenes and the textures. However i have imported a model from poser with the textures to place in a scene. Now with the imported model if i select save project none of the textures are saved. Is this to do with the poser model and textures?

Simon

Guest Damsel
  • Topic Author
  • Hi Simon,

I just checked one of my files that I had imported Vicky4 into and save as a project. Her texture files are all in the tex folder within that file. I used InterPoser Pro for importing her originally however. I wonder if that made the difference. I wouldn't think so. Even if you had to manually direct the materials to the texture files, when you saved it as a project, I would think that it would save them in the tex folder. Not sure why it didn't. At least that's my experience with it.

yes i does, you need to put the files manually in a folder called "tex" if you dont use interposer pro

i am a daz addict, and proud to admit it, but interposer pro does make things a lot easier.

Guest Damsel
  • Topic Author
  • Ahh, I wondered about the fact that Interposer Pro might make the difference but I didn't think it would. Guess it does. You will have to manually move them into the tex folder then like Scythar said. Thanks Sythar. :-)

there should be a way around it, but i didnt try it out yet, and i am not at home right now:

i think if you go straight to the Poser folder > runtime folder > geometries folder and get your .obj file there, the link with the texture file wont be broken and C4D should ask you to put the texture in the right folder automaticly.

Like i said, i am not sure.

If it doesnt you have to find the texture file yourself. Dont try with a search because it takes forever. What you could do is open the figure (character or prop) in Poser or Daz|Studio (free) and in the material room see where he found the right texture, then afterwards in C4D make a new material and import the texture there, then assign the texture to the whole figure.

I'll try to make an example with screnshots wednessday afternoon.

k, checked it out, (cos i am so used to interposer pro by now, i didnt remember all the problems... now i remember why i got interposer:lol: )

heres what you do when you dont have interposer pro and all the limitations.

As an example i use the "giant" chess piece Bischop, given us by one of the members.

First the limitations:

1. the .obj file imported uses the the dimensions of the original and is placed where its suppose to be in the Poser application (in my case on a chess board (which isnt there). But the axis are set (like in Poser) on the center most of the time.

So often the axis is way off the center off the objectAND the object is very often very very small. (compare: importing a standard cube is bout 200 m wide and the "giant chess piece is not even 4 m high, so i had to zoom in)

You can change the scaling factor though:

2. Since theres no material info in a special map called "TEX" where you file is, C4D wont import the textures.

What i suggest is to open the figure/Prop in Poser, go to the material room (simple layout), watch carefully what the settings are, which maps are use for which parts AND click on the texture thumbnail to "change" the texture. You are not going to change the texture, but this is a handy way to view where your texture and bump files are.

part missing, sry,

will come back later, at work now...