Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

antvertigo

Editing A Value

• Topic Author
  • Total noob here

I'm playing around with matrix extrude. I set some values and then went on and continued modelling something else; how do I go back and edit my original ME values? Everything I do seems to add to the values rather than editing the originals.

TIA

A

The short answer is you cannot re-edit the Matrix Extrude.

You could step back as far as the number of 'Undo Stages' which is set in the preferences.

An alternative is to practice on a duplicate of the object or a Save Incremental file.

Cheers, Alan.

• Topic Author
  • wow... thanks.

That's a little bit amazing. Does that apply to all of the other stuff like Bevel, Weighting etc? So, only the Deformers are subsequently editable?

Thanks again.

Functions or Tool actions such as Bevel, Extrude, Inner Extrude, Knife etc change, add or modify the actual geometry mesh.

The Weighting information is stored in a 'Tag'. If you delete the tag, the effect is removed.

Deformers which are added as a child to an object also remain 'live'. ie, you can edit or delete them. You can even animate their effects.... later. :)

HTH. Cheers, Alan.

If you have MoGraph then you can use the Extrude deformer which allows values to be edited. As bevels, use the chamfermaker plugin in our downloads section for editable bevels.

3DKiwi