Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest iainc

Install Realflow Plugin

Guest iainc
  • Topic Author
  • Hi,

I recently downloaded a demo of Realflow. I also downloaded the c4d r9.6 plugin but cannot access it through the plugin menu? I put the 9.6.ub folder in my plugins older, should it be there in the plugin menu?.

Cheers

Iainc

Guest chrishollins
  • Topic Author
  • From what I remember you unzip the 9.5 loader and this gives you a folder called 'next limit' You place that folder in the plugins folder. The 'next limit' folder should contain a 'res' folder and a cdl file, but you don't need to open the folder.

This seems to be a common problem with the C4D plugin for RealFlow.

There's a lot of people on various forums complaining that they can't see the plugin in the plugin menu after they've installed it. Next Limit don't seem to have an answer and merely tell you to reinstall, which doesn't work (now that's what you call customer service... remind me, how much is RealFlow...). A common workround, which I've also used, is to download the C4D demo and use that to export to RealFlow. For some reason, dropping the Next Limit folder into the plugin folder of the C4D demo seems to work for most people.

I'm assuming, like most people, you can see the mesh loader (allowing you to bring stuff back into C4D from RealFlow), it's just the exporter from C4D to RealFlow you can't see. This is how it usually works. Strange thing is, it was actually working fine for me and then, one day, it just stopped showing up. Very frustrating - especially as I was in the middle of something I'd already put a lot of work into.

Cheers

Karl

Guest iainc
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks for the reply,

I dont have any reference to the nextlimit plugin in my plugins menu, including the mesh loader.

Cheers Iain

Guest iainc
  • Topic Author
  • Here is a screen shot

Unfortunately, I don't have a quick solution for this problem, which never ocurred to me personally (...and I have gone through all updates of RF and C4D of this year).

Maybe this problem (of not showing ALL but only some entries in the nextlimit plugin menu) could be narrowed down by mentioning the C4D-versions, operating system and date of the plugins. The latest plugins are from July 10, 2007.

@iainc: there should be nothing related to RF in the materials or other menus, only in the plugin-menu.

But there might be an easier solution for you:

I have noticed from your screenshot that you are on a PPC-Mac. You are using Cinema4D-PPC. No UB-plugin can work in this case and you have to use the folder "9.5PPC" instead.

Have a search over at

http://www.realflowforum.com/

There might be a solution there as it has been discussed over there... that is assuming Christian's post doesn't get you going.

Cheers

Karl

Guest iainc
  • Topic Author
  • Cheers Christian, Plugin 9.5ppc worked a treat. I owe you one.

Iainc

Guest iainc
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks for the link to the realflow forum, I'll have a good look tonight.

Cheers Iainc

hi

im new to rf4 and downloaded the demo version. can someone tell me where i would find the plugin as i cant find it in the folder i downloaded. if not is there a site that i could download it from. thanx