Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josephus

C4d Stability

modo does look great....it would be my next choice after reading up on it...

c4d and vray.....cant go wrong with that...

have a look HERE vray has only been out for for a weeks but well worth having a look at some of the images being made with it....

3d world this month also says modo has big render improvements and some of the images on the site look really good....

you will get up and running with cinema pretty quick which has got to be a good thing...

what sort of stuff do you do in 3d? do you use it day to day?

bit late with the vray wasnt i!! im hassling the hell out of work to buy it for me, if they dont im buying it myself!

morph your a bit keen aint ya! its only been out a few hours..... roflmao.gif

i should have it next week with a bit of luck

My Website - If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, you win. Forever.

• Topic Author
  • I'm a residential architect...hard to get enough of a fee for the high end renderings, but in combo with Archicad which generates 90% of the model already in the design development stage, I'm not too far off from producing a beautiful rendering........... speed is essential to be able to do it with the limited budgets.

Yes, a bit late on the VRay, but their email did say that if you missed the date to send them an email...maybe???

the guys seem pretty accomodating over at vray, drop them a mail explain the situation...you never know..

sounds like a cool job, quite a few people here doing similar so you will always have advise.

cian who replied earlier does similar stuff..

if speed is what you need need cinema and vray sound perfect, even advanced render can get great results fast...

cinemas rendering very fast and stable. i have never had a crash while rendering..

the fact you have now put a picture in you avatar is a good sign i reckon! spoton.gif

My Website - If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, you win. Forever.

the only time c4d crashed on me was when i was using a beta of vista.

Good to have you on board, i'm in the hopes of entering the world of architectural renderings too, so it's nice when there is someone else also asking questions.

But of course, many times, the" crash thing" doesn't only on the program itself, but on the hardware you r using and how well your OS is behaving. I mean if there is a problem in your OS it could affect a particular application. So you may see that ONLY cinema4d, is crashing. But its not the actuall app to blame. but the "bonding" between the OS and the application.

"We don't sing to separate ourselves from the rest of the world.....We sing to unite the world.."

with every upgrade of late cinema is getting more and more buggy (its kinda excepted with more and more awsome stuff it can do, you cant avoid this), but this is always short lived, MAXON follows with fix updates really fast and cinema returns to its rock solid state =)

• Topic Author
  • Well, I've made the "plunge" and purchased both C4D and VRayforC4D. All your comments have been very helpful and encouraging, thank you all.

Look forward to continuing to get (and maybe later contribute) help here on this forum and to post some great images in the near future.

Josephus

The most non plugin related crashes that we receive reports on at MAXON are caused by faulty graphics drivers. Sadly this is not easily recognizable for the user so the crashes are often attributed to CINEMA 4D instead of the driver.

Cheers

Bjorn

• Topic Author
  • Thx, if I do experience some crashing I will first verify whether there might be a problem with my graphic driver. Looking forward to getting started....must say the responses on this forum are VERY helpful....and timely :)