Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest tennet

Light Bleed In Corner?

Guest tennet
  • Topic Author
  • Hi everyone!

I have a little problem here.. light is leaking through the corner of this room and I don't know why. The room is a cube and I have controlled that the polygons are stitched together - there are no holes.

The room is made from a cube and the light source is a strong spotlight (intensity 200) right outside the windows. I have used Soft Shadow Maps (750X750) for the spotlight and Global Illumination in the render settings.

Anyone who can help me with this one?

/ Frederik

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • try increasing the phong tag angle

Guest tennet
  • Topic Author
  • Hello and thanks everyone! All of above answers individually solved the problem with the light leak in the wall.

But why do I now get a light bleed in the bottom corner (marked red), where the "white-things-along-the-wall" meet (don't know the word for it in english...) ? Is it the Global Illumination that causes the light bleed? I can't, for example, put a black cube around those white parts..

Also, the red wheels seems to glow into the white rubber in the middle of the wheels (marked green). Any tips on why that happens?

The red color channel has Ambient Occlusion in the shader (so that I got some darker shadows in the red parts). The white only includes a white color channel.

Thanks again for your help!

the colour from the red wheels bleeding into the white is a result of using GI, go into the material manager of that red and under the illumination tab uncheck generate GI that should do it

not sure on the bit in the corner without seeing the file, ould just be he light bouncing from something lightening that corner, have you tried moving the light around a bit?

My Website - If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, you win. Forever.

Guest tennet
  • Topic Author
  • Hi again!

Here's the scene for the light leak problem. I'll try and change the GI for the the red material. Thanks! :-)

Guest tennet
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks Colibert, it works when I deselect "Generate GI" for the materials. Thanks! thumb_yello.gif

Guest tennet
  • Topic Author
  • Yepp, I'm happy for now! No other worries, other than those in my other thread about alpha channels... :)