Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josephus

Importing 3d Geometry From Archicad

• Topic Author
  • I don't have Maxonform at this point, so am trying different "save as" file formats out of archicad. 3ds seems to bring in the best model, right orientation, etc, EXCEPT that the scale is off by a factor of 39.37654. It does not seem to make any difference when I save out of Archicad whether I save as 1 unit = 1 mm or 1 inch.

This is down to the fact that C4D doesn't recognise different units. One unit is a C4d unit. What you have to do is set the multiplier in C4D import according to what you are importing. Eg if you are merging 2 models, one in ft and the other in inches, the ft one has to be multiplied by 12 times more than the inches one. Generally for a single import from CAD type programs, I find that multiplying by 10 gives a reasonable sized model in C4D. Changing the units of measure in the source program has no effect.

Guest Cian

I would advice you to purchace the Archicad exchange plugin from MAXON.

You could also export your model as a wavefront .obj but the Archicad plugin is the best.

It will export all your materials into cinema which will make life a lot easyer.

Check out the link.

http://www.maxonshop.com/uk/ps/code=270506&act=gpage

Cian.

• Topic Author
  • I would advice you to purchace the Archicad exchange plugin from MAXON.

You could also export your model as a wavefront .obj but the Archicad plugin is the best.

It will export all your materials into cinema which will make life a lot easyer.

Check out the link.

http://www.maxonshop.com/uk/ps/code=270506&act=gpage

Cian.

I tried Wavefront .obj and seemed closer as far as the units were concerned, but there are some geometry issues to deal with.

Archicad plugin: looks like for $95 US that is sort of a "no-brainer".