Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest moroko

Need Help Animating A Toy Walk

Guest moroko

Hi... i 've been tryin to animate my little toy model, i tried with joints..but i cant figure out how to either rig, or parent the legs to make it walk/move as i need it to.. please if anyone has an idea or knows how i will appreciate the feedback... if interested let me know and ill send you the file....

thanks!

How about posting a screen grab of what your model looks like. Our R10 rigging tutorial may help. Often with robots you can just attach the various parts to the joints / bones without having to bother about skinning and weighting.

3DKiwi

Guest moroko

thanks to both....

here are some quick renders for you to see exactly what i meant...

thanks.. i was told i could just animate the pivot points, and parent the legs, but i have tried that and doest work...obviously im doing something wrong..

please help!! been with this project for a while

moroko..

ps... im a vfx artist ..just recently i convinced myself that 3d is a "must master" within my field and i wanted to push myself in 3d..now im stuck.

Hi. This looks quite straight forward provided you know how to go about it. Would you casre to zip up the model and upload it? I'm sure someone could rearrange things for you so it could be animated.

Me - I'd be tempted to add a few XPresso user data sliders to it to make animating easier. Much easier working with a slider than rotating objects buried within the hierarchy.

3DKiwi

Guest moroko

thanks kiwi...its been a while since i log in... here is the file.. if anyone can help me with how to animate it. its seems very simple but its been a pain.. i have tried rigging, pivot points.. but it seems i dont understand the concept of animating characters... reason why im not an animator but a mograph artist.

thanks

Guest moroko

hahah athat nice man.. thanks a lot.. what happened to the lower teeth though... it had a litle jaw accident hehehehe

looks good...

u saved this project.. i had left it on the side...

thanks

Guest moroko

not sure if u noticed but.. i kind of assume a aline to spline would work, but the % wouldnt let me make a cycle but instead.. i would stop at certain point.. how do u fix that? i would appreciate i f u explain what u did in more detail...thanks again...

something else... when we post the files, how can we protect our models from getting "stolen" by other people and getting credit for them? just a question.

Guest moroko

Hey guys.. Kiwi and Rock Star, here is some progress on the toy.. not done yet....Thank you for your help. I have a question, how can i change the background color in the renders? beside creating a white Sky. Im composing this into AE with an alpha.. but still, dont really like the black.. . Also, when i include a floor in my scene, it gives me a line..like an edge..how can i get rid of this? Can i fix it with a compositing tag?

thanks

Ps any suggestions?