Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

srekdal

Head Model

• Topic Author
  • Can anyone here help to get me started on this? I'm trying to model a human head from some reference photos. I've tried a bunch of tutorials, but can't seem to get the first thing right... The eye. I need some really specific tips to get me rolling on this and would greatly appreciate any help. I'm a noobie to organic modeling.

I'll upload my file to show you where I am so far.

So which head modelling tutorials have you followed? I know there's several kicking around the net for C4D.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • Most recent was the one that came with R10, the butterfly

• Topic Author
  • I can make a rough head like the one in the Anne Powers book, But I want to match a photo... Like this tutorial.

http://damascus.com.ne.kr/temp/AngelinaJol...eadTutorial.pdf

I REALLY like the results of that one and would like to do the same thing in C4D! Is that possible?

Yes sort of if you have the patience and skills. Just a matter of using edge extrudes / create polygon tool and matching how they did things in the tutorial.

There's a few head modelling tuts that are more in depth than one in the Anne Powers book although that one is quite good. I think it's a matter of just getting better over a period of time when it comes to human modelling.

Good luck.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • I think it may be the setup of my reference photos. I can never seem to get that right. When I have everything perfect in the front view, it never seems to match in the side view. Am I messing something up there?

I'm modeling a head per day or so, just so I can learn new stuff for the 7th wonder challenge, I think practice is the key. I think you can find a tut for setting up reference images on the cafe.

Modeling a human(head) is very difficult and you have to practise a lot. Not 1 week, not 1 month, not 1 year but after a couple of years you will see that it become a second nature. :)

Peace,

Rich_Art. :)

alright dude, check out these three tutorials. they are for maya, but the tools used are universal. it'll get you up to snuff in no time. it gives you a good base to start from, and then let your creativity run wild!

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/erratic

also this one, under the tutorial section. the only thing with this one is to watch for extra cuts made, but very good overall.

http://www.arildwiro.com/

• Topic Author
  • Wow those were great! Thanks! Erratic makes it Soo so simple!

yep, i had been strugling with the head for most of the year until i saw these tuts, blew me away. it give you a great starting basemesh, and you just move stuff around from there. hopefully he'll make a good simple ear tutorial someday!