Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest serpentbird

Easy Question

Guest serpentbird

Here's an easy noob question- after selecting points on a polygon mesh- how do I delete them without deleting a piece of the object?

You can't. A point or a poly or a edge belongs to the object. So if you delete one of them, you delete a part of the object.

I think you refere to the melt function.

You can take a look at a cafe tutorial on this link

Peace,

Rich_Art. wink.gif

Now I'm a gamer :-) . Xbox One GameTag = Olijke Poffer

In 10.5 you have the dissolve function. That does what you are describing. In earlier versions, i know there is a coffee script around that does the same thing.

In 10.1 you can but it's a 2 step process. As long as the points are internal, that is they are not on the perimeter, in edge mode select the edges associated with the point(s) then switch to points mode and select the point(s). Back to edge mode and use the 'melt' tool then back to points mode and delete.

I may not be good but I'm slow.