Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest tennet

Mounting 3d Images Into 2d Photographs?

Guest tennet

Hi all!

This might be a stupid question, but I wonder which is the best way to set up an 3D-object to match the camera angles of a 2D photograph? For example, if I've made a glass of water in C4D and want to place it on a photographed table in Photoshop - how do I set it up in C4D so that the camera angle/focal length match the table?

Thanks!

Guest tennet

Oh! Didn't check the tutorials.. Thanks! :-)

Not sure which version of Photoshop you have but the Vanishing point tool could be an answer.

I can't remember in which version it appeared but I know it's in CS2 and CS3.

If in doubt, scream and shout.

Guest chunbelievable

You can also use PictureMatch pulgin in. It is a purchase though.

Guest tennet

OK. I'm using CS3 at work, but my intention is not to tweak the photograph though, I just want to render my 3D-object so that the perspective of the 3D-model will work with the perspective in the photograph. I'll have a look at the tutorial first. Thanks! :-)

Guest chunbelievable

PictureMatch is a C4d plugin... if the tutorial doesn't quite work out for you, even though I haven't seen it, you might want to try it. I use it here at my work for exactly the same thing you are trying to accomplish. Kiwi is a wizard though so I am thinking his tutorial will probably serve you justice.

Guest chunbelievable

Whoops, plugin is called PhotoMatch.