Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest moptop

Noob Question: Liquid Inside A Vial?

Guest moptop

Hola!

I'm quite new to Cinema 4D, and I'm mostly self-taught as well. I have managed to create some good abstract work (I know, I know), but I'm hoping to start working on more realistic scenes.

One scene that I'm working on would requires a glowing, volumetric liquid within a glass vial. I can make the vial just fine, but I have no idea how to approach the liquid. Suggestions?

Also, now that I have mustered the courage to post here, I was hoping to get an explanation of some of the terms I keep reading. For starters, what is 'box modeling'?

Thanks!!

Hi and welcome :)

Don't feel you need to pluck up courage to post questions. One reason for a new users forum is so that people can ask newbie type questions without being jumped on by the gurus.

I think for the liquid you just model using a lathed spline. The trick is in the material you apply to it and how it's lit. Is something like the image here what you're trying to do? This is from the 3DFluff Vol 6 DVD.

3DKiwi

Guest moptop

Yes, something very similar to that! Was that effect created with use of a plugin, or can it be done with basic C4D?