Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harico

Film Projector Beam

• Topic Author
  • HELLO,

TRYING TO CREATE AN OLD STYLE CINEMA PROJECTION BEAM COMPLETE WITH DUST PARTICLES. MANAGED TO CREATE VOLUMETRIC LIGHT BUT NOT SUR HOW TO ANIMATE SHADOW MAP TO CREATE FLICKERING.

HOW WOULD I DO THE PARTICLES FIMILAR WITH TRAPCODE SO GUESS MIGHT BE SAME

THOUGHT THERE MAYBE A TUTORIAL BUT CAN'T FIND ONE. BIT NEW TO ALL THIS, AN AFTER EFFECTS MAN MYSELF BUT ENJOYING THE LEARNING CURVE.

PLEASE SEE LINK BELOW FOR EFFECT I WOULD LIKE TO CREATE

MANY THANKS

HARRY

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/s...er1b/large.html

Guest Tallman

Here is my attempt at what you want. All I did was make a volumetric spotlight, and then put a material at the start with a transparency, with some animated noise in it.

You will need to do alot of tuning to make exactly what you want. Like flickering, etc. But it's a start.

Tallman

• Topic Author
  • MMM THANKS KIND OF WORKS BUT NOT QUITE RIGHT. DI YOU SEE TRAILER? MIGHT HAVE TO GO BACK TO AFTER EFFECTS AND TRAPCODE.

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS THOUGH

Hi Harico. Welcome to the Cafe smile.gif

Would you mind turning off Caps when you type. Not only is your text hard to read, it's considered shouting on the net to use capitals.

Cheers

3DKiwi

Guest Tallman

I did look at the first half of the trailer. There were two types of projector scene's I saw. The first was looking at the viewer and the light was blocked. The second was the smoke/dust with flicker.

It wasn't meant to be a complete solution. Just give an idea of a way. Mix it with volume noise, and flicker and I would think you would be close.

I think you could easily modify this to come up with the dusty look. You could also actually add dust/TP particles into the scene.

Good luck!

Tallman

• Topic Author
  • sorry will be quiet. shhhhh

• Topic Author
  • thanks having a play, thinking particles a bit heavy for me, going to try exporting scene to after effects and using a particular light emiitter