• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest serpentbird

Seamlessness

Guest serpentbird
  • Topic Author
  • How do I make this seem go away? I want the object to look as though there is no seperation between the connected spheres

Hi. Attached is a scene file showing a range of steps to produce something a bit smoother. Is this what you're looking for?

I've also included an alternative way to do it.

3DKiwi

Guest serpentbird
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks Voz and Kiwi- that's exactly what I'm looking for- I'm not sure what you did to go from step four to step five (connected to optomized)- but I seam to achieve the result I need without step 5- :)

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • without step 4&5 your point wont be welded together.

connect is a command-select both object then right click and choose connect.

and optimize is under the "functions" menu

"but I seam to achieve the result I need without step 5"

-_-................am I the only one who saw this? :)

Good luck with the rest of what you are doing. :)

I recommend you turn around....immediately if possible.....

Guest serpentbird
  • Topic Author
  • Ok- so the help with two circles has been excellent- but now I've got a capsule coming out of a cube...

and connecting these two objects then throwing them into a hypernurbs, does not get rid of the seam- it also rounds off the whole cube, which I don't want...

so what I did was- using the advice of Ze Voz- I melted all the polygons that were on the cube surrounding the capsule- did an inner extrude to create a polygon ring on the cube that surrounded the capsule- then deleted this polygon ring as well as the polygons on the capsule that connected to this ring- I then began bridging the gap together- it looks okay- but there is still a slight seam- is there a better way to do this?

I will now let you all in on my dream- I dream of this dream every night- for the past 3 nights- it is very personal to me- and hopefully will not escape the nerdy confines of this forum...

My dream> to be able to take objects, connect them together- and then through some magical means- be able to make it look like all these objects have been dipped together in plastic and were left to exist happily ever after in a completely seamless world! :)

With the hypernurbs object you can make the edge loop where they are connected sharp by selecting the edge loop, holding down the period key and dragging your mouse to the right.

In the images you've got some visual artifacts caused by triangulation and or the phong tag angle. One possible solution is to select one or two edge loops and do a "Break phong shading" command.

3DKiwi