• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest joobhead

Using A Spline To Extrude A Hole Into A Polygon

Guest joobhead
  • Topic Author
  • Hi all.

I'm pretty new to C4d and am modeling an antique tv set. I'm trying to make an extrusion in one of the polygons to form the lip around the screen using a spline I've made in illustrator.

What do I need to do to join the polygon and the spline in such a way that the spline can pull this shape out of the flat polygon?

Hope this makes sense. I've attached the work in progress if it doesn't

Thanks,

Ben

Hi and welcome to the cafe :)

Sorry to say I think the way you're going about it will prove extremely challenging. Better to model the extrusion. Here's a very quick effort to give you an idea of how to go about it. Hope this helps.

I've used weighted edges to help define the shape.

3DKiwi

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • antique tv set?

tv hasnt been around long enough for a tv set to be antique laugh.gif

Guest joobhead
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks so much everyone! I suspected I was going the long way around :) It hadn't occured to me to model the extrusion separately.

Cheers,

Ben