• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dhpdigital

Displacement Map?

• Topic Author
  • Hi,

I'm making an image and need to stamp a logo into a piece of metal like a hallmark on a bar of gold. What's the best way of doing this? I'm guessing a displacement map, but I have never tried it before. Any tips would be great, or better ways of doing it also welcomed. smile.gif

how deep is it going to be in? bump with a negative value, or use spd, just make a big hi res of the type your stamping in

My Website - If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, you win. Forever.

or maybe boolean it infact, SPD alot easier

My Website - If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, you win. Forever.

• Topic Author
  • Thank you colibert. The example file really helped and has saved me time mucking about. I'll use this technique on this job.

Thanks again,

dhpdigital thisrocks.gif

• Topic Author
  • I've got a real nice texture for the model as a shader and want to stamp a shape into the model using SPD but I can't work out how to place it where I want. Can this be done while keeping the shader, or do I need to start again with Body Paint? mur.gif

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for the help you two. In the end Colibert got it going using the logo in the bump channel and mixing the textures. Here's how it looked.

dhpdigital signthankspin.gif