Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest AndyMan

Animating Clothes

Guest AndyMan
  • Topic Author
  • After spending several years as a hobbyist on C4D v6, I've finally upgraded to v10.5. As you can imagine I'm finding it a little daunting, though the basics I have relearned quite fast.

My first of many questions has to do with dressing a model that will eventually be animated. I've learned all the steps of the Xpresso dresser, and have achieved the desired look. I then applied joints to the model, set weights, ect.

Now, this is where I'm lost. When I move a bone/joint, the clothes do not move as the arms and legs do. - The model does have a cloth collider tag.

Do I need to apply bone/joint weight to the clothes?

Do I need to make the clothes and model a single object before applying bones?

Thank you in advance for any solutions.

While waiting for the experts' response, my guess is that you need to add a Belt Tag.

And I think in many cases people use Cache calculation to animate it rather than doing it real time in the Time Line.

I am not with C4D right now but I suppose uploading your scene file may help experts analyze it for you.

Good luck!

Guest Andoy
  • Topic Author
  • Basically animate your character with the cloths hidden for now,

Then when the character is animated use the calculate cache command in the cloth manager.

This should get you started at least..