Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Chaim

Paint Help

Guest Chaim
  • Topic Author
  • BH

Im trying to paint an island with 2 textures. I devided the selections (the lower and the upper part) and I asigned a shader to each one (maybe I'm in a complete wrong direction altogether). Now, the poligons on the edges are very rought. How can I smooth it? I try painting it on top with body paint (as you can see in green) but is not looking good.

Hi. You can't just paint on top of shaders. You either have to use something like the layer shader and have stacked materials with some transparency or blending or you can bake the object and shaders then paint on top of the baked texture with BP. If I was doing it I would bake the object.

Hope this helps.

3DKiwi

Guest Chaim
  • Topic Author
  • BH

Hi 3d kiwi! Thx for responding... how do I "bake" the object? (Besides: How do I make my profile pic to appera on the left column?)

Hi!

You find the setup for your profile on top of the page under "my controls", then in the left menu you choose Edit Avatar Settings.

wink.gif PhloH

Its a menu item (i think in the structure menu, but not sure, will check it this afternoon).

Dont make same mistake i did: i tried to bake a material onto a primitive and it didnt work. Cost my hours to see my mistake: its not just a "primitive" thing --> you can only bake textures, when off course you have a texturemap, in other words make sure yor object has a UVWtag (by passing it through the paint wizzard f.ex.)

I dunno (cos didnt try yet) if just adding a UVWtag by rightclicking in objectmenu will do the job. Dont think so.

Baking is on the render menu. No need to go anywhere near BP. Baking an object (including primitives) will make a new editable object, a simple UV mapping is applied and then any textures / materials etc applied including those using selection tags will have them all baked into the one texture map. This texture map is then applied to a new object. The original object remains the same but has its visibility hidden.

3DKiwi