Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josephus

Really Dumb Vrayforc4d Question

I purchased VRayforC4D along with C4D (basic...not AR) and am not sure if it's installed right...I unzipped the VRayBridge to the C4D root directory per the directions. In FormZ I am used to selecting the render engine, but I don't see anywhere to use VRay to render. I do see the VRay Material Converter under Plugins. If I installed it correctly how/where do I initiate the VRay render engine???

In the cafe review of vray for c4d, it says that it's under render settings in the effects tab. smile.gif

Also, don't you have a manual? Shouldn't it be listed in the manual? mf_bookread.gif

I recommend you turn around....immediately if possible.....

Ugh...found it under render settings>effects>post effect\. Thank you.sbecker...thank you for your helpful reply. I will go through the manual and tutorial...will take some time, but I'm okay with that. It will be well worth it.

Guest Damsel

If you read the review, I divided into sections and you should be able to see where all of the functions are and what they control :-) Just holler if you have any questions. I'm not an expert by any means, but Rich_Art and I can direct you on all of the basics and how to set things up. It gets much easier the more you use it and learn what controls what and what your best basic settings are.

Damsel...thx, will holler when I get stuck...I'll go through the "as-is" manual...looked at it some last night and seems pretty much "step by step" to get me started.

Guest TarquinChurchwell

Is there a vray demo or trial?

As far as I gather there is no demo just yet.

Steve

Everyone...thank you for your helpful comments. :) I will go to the VRayforC4D forum for those issues....learning C4D and VRay at the same time...an hour a day mf_bookread.gif Glad I don't have any deadlines to worry about while learning...had to learn Archicad that way, "under the gun"...is not fun :)