Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamesinsincity

Customizing C4d Interface

• Topic Author
  • Hi guys,

After I design a layout and Save Layout As... "My Cool Layout," for example, I then "Save as Startup Layout..." - which works in that C4D will load my layout at startup - but - I will lose the colors I've customized my layout with - only the type color will remain - and then if I'm up to it - I will re-customize the color (which I'll probably lose again after quiting C4D).

I must be missing some crucial procedure to retain my color selections - any advice?

Thanks!

Jim

Guest spid3r

chainging color using preference?

• Topic Author
  • Yes - I set various colors for fonts, icons, tab backgrounds, managers, etc. I then save the layout - set it as a startup layout - colors have reset.

Guest 3Dub

I think the colours are saved as part of the scheme. If you go to resources schemes you'll find a .col file in some schemes where the colours have been changed.

So you may need to save your layout as a scheme.

Once you finish customizing save the file as new.c4d and as template.c4d in your c4d root folder. That will save all preferences and layout as you set them up to be loaded every time you start c4d.

Guest 3Dub

Once you finish customizing save the file as new.c4d and as template.c4d in your c4d root folder. That will save all preferences and layout as you set them up to be loaded every time you start c4d.

That will make the change permanent.

If you want to be able to change back and forth between your colour scheme and the standard one, just make a copy of the folder that contains the scheme you use (Dark Glow, Dark, Classic etc) and rename the folder, the .col file and the .res file to whatever you wish.

Re-open Cinema 4D, change to the new scheme you have created and then in the preferences makes all the colour changes you want. The changes will be recorded and saved in the .col file, to change back just change the scheme in preferences back to the original.

The main thing about it is that a layout is recoreded as an .l4d file in your layout library, coloours are saved a part of the scheme.

• Topic Author
  • Thank you so much - I just needed it explained to me as you did - and now it works the way I wanted - thanks for taking the time to explain it to me!

Best

Jim