Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest krish

Bridge Tool

Guest krish

hi

i am just learning c4d - at my pass time. i created two disks - polace one over the other in front view. now i want connect both. i trined using bridge - i had to bridge one by one. is there a way loop-select the edges of both disk polys and bridge by a single click? or any other tools / functions / ways of doing it? please help me out.

thank you

basically i am trying to create a spoon. is there a tutorial for it?

krish

there's a simpler way, just extrude one of the disks with caps enabled in the extrude atributes, that should give you the same result

Try this tutorial on using the Bridge Tool.

Once you have seen it, you should be able to make your own spoon.

Try the other tutorials as well. They will get you started with the basic tools and methods.

(I'll delete the spoon tutorial request.)

Cheers, Alan.

Repeat after me: Path spline in TOP, profile in FRONT.

If both discs have same rotation segments, loop select the outer edge loop in both and use the stitch and sew tool. The discs should be connected into one object first (select both and go to functions>connect).

The other thing is when trying to bridge as you describe you first of all have to connect the two disks with the 'Connect' function. That will create a new polygon object containing the two meshes. Delete or disable the originals to work on the new one.

I may not be good but I'm slow.