Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobc4d

No New 3dkiwi Tutorials ?

• Topic Author
  • there haven't been any 3DKiwi tutorials for some time now. I know they are time consuming,but I've learned a lot from doing them. I hope all is well with Nigel.

Hi. Yeah I had hoped to do some over the Christmas break but a few things cropped up. The major one being me moving house in late December. I've also had a death in the family with my wife's brother (same age as me) who lived several minutes walk from our new house passing away a few weeks ago. Then my father has been seriously ill and in and out of hospital for the last few months. I've had to go and visit a few times and look after my mother. Throw all this together and there hasn't been much time for C4D although in the last week I've managed to spend some time working on a few C4D projects.

But watch out for some new tutorials in 2008. Think I spent a bit too much time doing reviews in 2007 and they took up a lot of my time. I'm going to try and cut this down in 2008. I've just about finished my Poser 7 review and then I'm doing a review of the upgraded "Add the sea reloaded" plugin. That should be the last review for a while and until R11 comes out later in the year assuming it does.

Regards

Nigel / 3DKiwi

Guest Cian

Very sorry to hear about your loss Nigel and I hope your Dad gets better soon.

Cian.

• Topic Author
  • oh man, now I feel like an ass. I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss and I too hope your dad gets to feeling better soon. I have my 87 year old father living with me, so I can understand.

We are here for you Nigel,

peace,

bob

Very sorry about your loss and hope your Dad feels better soon.

I'd be very happy to contribute some reviews if it helped free up some more time for you, I was thinking recently that there's a couple of plugins I use a lot that are a little 'unsung' in the C4D world, in particular Silverbullet and Harvester. I reckon I have enough web design skills to put a HTML style review together with Flash clips for examples etc.

Cheers,

Brian

Hi Guys. Thanks for the kind words about the family. Strange how things turn out. I got the call to come immediately to the hospital about my father as he wasn't expected to last much longer and yet he's still hanging in there but my wife's brother suddenly has a heart attack and dies a week later.

Members are very welcome to make tutorials and upload them to the members tutorial section of the download / tutorial system. Some plugin tutorials would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Nigel / 3DKiwi

Guest shawnfoster

Hi Nigel,

Sorry to hear about your loss and I hope your father feels better. I would be happy to make some tutorials. I am working on a point to point modeling tutorial right now,.... I'll upload it to the members tutorial section when it is done.

Regards,

~Shawn

I Offer my condolences 3DKiwi. I em sorry for your loss,and i hope youre dad gets well soon.

Ohh, Im very sorry to hear about that Nigel :(

Now I have to create a tutorial for the site...

sorry to hear about your situation Nigel, i wish i could contribute to the tutorial vault but i can't think of anything usefull i could share, i'm tempted to do a modelling tut to test the "learn by teaching" thing, maybe when these damn exams are over :D , looking forward to any modelling tuts that anyone would put up either way spoton.gif

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I'm certainly keen to fire up the tutorial machine sometime soon.

3DKiwi

Guest popcop

even though im new on here im sorry to hear of ur loss and i hope u dad gets well soon