Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest EugeniusMaximus

Can Bodypaint Do This?

you can also use this shader.

Which is an AO shader instead of activating it in the render setting.

AO Shader

It will be in the material editor if you decide to install it.

its a little bit faster then the AO render settings.

But not by far.

The others have explained it but it's particularly effective on spaceship models with lots of nooks and crannies. Here's 2 renders, one with AO and one without.

3DKiwi

Guest EugeniusMaximus
  • Topic Author
  • Wow!!! What a difference! Man! I just installed the plug-in and trying it out. Major Thanks Guys!!! I'll post some pics, but it won't be until Saturday.

• Topic Author
  • The AO shader mentioned above is pretty good but Bobtronics' Ambiente is also free and quite a bit faster. http://www.bobtronic.de/plugins/

HTH,

Cheers,

Brian

Guest EugeniusMaximus
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks CafeRockStar! AO is a bit slow but I haven't read the manual yet :-) I've got it downloaded and installed in my plug-in folder, so I will also try it and compare.

Have a great weekend!

EugeniusMaximus

Guest EugeniusMaximus
  • Topic Author
  • Hey Guys,

I'm sending this image from work. As you can see, I still have some areas where I need to tag and apply the AO texture .I'm trying to balance out the lighting, the AO Light Samples Rate and the Environment settings. I've decided to create two more additional grids (that means sketching & spline modelling) to add to the two existing ones in order to make a more complex gris and less repetitive . In the meantime, I'll try to get this Ambient Occlusion lighting perfected.

Until next time, Cheers!

Thanks for viewing,

Eugenius.

P.S.The AO Light tutorial (by Peter Hermans) shows Render Tag (Compositing). He also refers them as AA Compositing Tags: any ideas how they are done? I only know polygon tags :-(

Re AA. On the compositing tag you can enable per object AA settings. To make these work you have to enable best AA in the render settings and enable "use object properties". The reason is you can have higher AA settings on objects close to the camera and lower AA settings on objects further away. Something like that.

3DKiwi

Guest EugeniusMaximus
  • Topic Author
  • Oh good. I thought there was a ton of AA settings all over the place :-)

I've been trying to tackle the AO light (among other things). I'm getting there, but still a few more adjustments to make. I increased the Bump to Alias 2 in order to see the greeble maps.

Eugenius Maximus

Looking but you need to turn the lights down. In photography terms this would be considered over exposed.

3DKiwi

Looking but you need to turn the lights down. In photography terms this would be considered over exposed.

3DKiwi

Echo Echo............ :)

Peace,

Rich_Art. :)

Very funny Rich_Art :) . I was having timeout problems this morning just as I was heading off to work.

3DKiwi

Guest EugeniusMaximus
  • Topic Author
  • I reduced the lighting down a bit and did some adjustments to the side greebles. What do you think?