Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest EugeniusMaximus

Can Bodypaint Do This?

Looking good but I would suggest toning the lighting down even further.

3DKiwi

Guest EugeniusMaximus
  • Topic Author
  • I lowered the lights another 5 %. Also (as you probably noticed) I removed the shadows for now to speed up the rendering process.

Must be my eyes as I find this still too bright. Are you using GI? If so I would drop down the intensity.

3DKiwi

Guest EugeniusMaximus
  • Topic Author
  • Hey 3DKiwi,

I reduced the lights once again. Am I using GI? Well, I have a cube in order to contain the lighting: it has a plain white color with nor special properties. Should I remove it? The floor does have AO Light and the Environment is white in color and set at 15%. No fog added.

That's better. If you were using GI then it would be enabled in the render settings. You would know as you have to enable it.

3DKiwi

Guest EugeniusMaximus
  • Topic Author
  • I am obviously still learning C4D mur.gif:) Do you think adding shadows would bring the bump details better? Also, I used the same rendering however I did a simple Auto Levels in Photoshop and got this result. I really like AO Light; I still might do some tweaking on the way.

I'm going to start doing close-ups render images of the bump details and move along on the tutorial. I haven't sketched my 3rd or 4th grid yet (my bad). It's strange, I have a difficult time starting it, but once I have a pattern going, then the rest comes naturally.

Thanks again for your help and incredible patience. :)

Mark

Bump is unaffected by lights as far as I know. Bump mapping is just simulated shading to give the illusion of height and depth. Therefore no actual height or depth to cast or receive shadows. What you can do is load your bump map into the displacement channel and enable Sub polygon displacement. This will then generate real height and depth.

Yes, I think a few shadows will help. However I wouldn't get bogged down on all this. When I do my models I play around with the lights a bit until I get something that I'm happy with. I could probably get better results if I kept at it but I soon lose interest and want to move on to the next project.

3DKiwi

Guest EugeniusMaximus
  • Topic Author
  • I had temporaily disabled the Sub-Polygon Displacement because it took forever to render and I wanted to have the lighting and AO adjusted first. Before going to work, I turned off the Cube & Floor and enabled the Sub-Polygon Displacement (5% Strength/1 Meter). I should have a complete render by tonight I hope :signthankspin:

Guest KarpA
  • Topic Author
  • The AO plugin seems to be much slower than internal AR function.

The left picture is made with AR, the right with the AO plugin.

The plugin rendered it in 24 seconds, the AR i 4, that's damn different!! Is the plugin so great?

Guest EugeniusMaximus
  • Topic Author
  • Hey KarpA,

It isn't so much the AO Light plugin that takes time to render. The Sub-Polygon Displacement is what seems to take the longest; it's now has been a little over 24 hours since the rendering has begun. It would be interesting to see it when it's complete.