Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dhpdigital

Skydome Images

VERY nice dhp. I wud love to get me hands on the really hi-res version.

*rubs hands together*

Morph

EDIT: Do you hide behind a railing or something to stay out of shot of the 360 degree images? laugh.gif

woohoo.gif nice one!!!

ones youv done look great, niec sky on the carpark one! can see ya shoe on the carpet of your living room though :)

some dark and moody ones would be cool, although i wouldnt go out after dark with that camera! unless you took the contents of those tool boxes with you!

• Topic Author
  • Right then, where I'm at with this project. I've spent a load of cash on the hardware, and with the software that I have I can give out a hi-res file in 8bit rgb 7000 x 3500 px. I can double that res in future if needed, but thought that it would be enough for now.

I can't produce an HDRI file yet without upgrading the software which will cost me a few hundred ££££££, so you'll have to what for that I'm afraid. I'm going to continue to shoot the sequence file for now to build up a library.

Mods please can you let me know the best way to supply the file? The DL's are max of 2mb. I can give a link to my ftp to start a DL automatically?

dhpdigital.

• Topic Author
  • I'm setting a download page so you guys here can have a nice big 7000x3500 px jpeg of these images. I'll inform you when it's ready in a new post. These are low-res versions for now so you can see what you'll be able to have. There are more shot which need to be stitched and processed to come. Also hi-res HDRI's will follow asap.

dhpdigital wink.gif

nice! good job! nice range rover in the car park!

I don't know what hardware you are running, but I just saw this Mac Leopard hdr app "Hydra" that looks great.

http://creaceed.com/

I got there MorphAge awhile ago and they seem to make solid programs.

Cheers

Lennart

Cool................

Peace,

Rich_Art. wink.gif

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for the info Lennart. That looks like a good application and it has a great price too. I would like to point out that it doesn't look like it actually creates .hdr 32bit files, so you wouldn't be able to use the output it makes to light your scene using GI. It would be good for the background image though as it does give you 'human eye perception to your photographs'. wink.gif

Oh, your right about that. Took a look at their forum and it seems as it should be included in later revisions.

Cheers

Lennart

Guest Tony Lansbury

I've always been intrigued by HDR images, and how they are created.

With the intoduction of Photoshop CS2 it became possible to use one image to create, say, 5 more with different levels. These could then be merged into a single HDR image. OK, you have to be careful with the range of levels that you use ... it is important to use a sufficient range so that, for example, the darkest image has 8 stops less exposure, say, than the lightest (just using an example here).

Why shouldn't this produce just as good a result as setting up a camera on a tripod and bracketing. Obviously something I don't know here!

I need the technical why's and wherefore's on this. Anybody help on this please?

All the best - TL