Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sneather

Need Emergency Mograph Help, Please!

You know the morphing isn't all that complex. I reckon you could just move a few points around to achieve pretty much the same effect. i.e. PLA.

3DKiwi

Yeah, I think I may head that way if I don't totally scrap the morph idea, altogether. Although, then I'm back to the same PLA issues I posted about a week ago, where I can't get the kind of subtle speed (F-Curve) controls which I'd prefer.

I'm still curious to try and find a way to make that compound spline effect work, along with the mograph morph trick. I think that's such a cool feature, and once set-up, you can make changes quite easily (unlike PLA).

I'll post info on my progress.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Which Cineversity tutorial is it? I've got a Cineversity subscription so could have a look.

3DKiwi

My original example project was based on the following tutorials:

Cineversity : Tutorial Track>> Dr. Sassi's Tooltime Tips, Modules: MoGraph : MoGraph, AI-Sequence (LOGO-Morph) http://www.cineversity.com/tutorials/lesson.asp?tid=808

and

Cineversity : Tutorial Track>> Dr. Sassi's Tooltime Tips, Modules: MoGraph : MoGraph, Spline-Mask http://www.cineversity.com/tutorials/lesson.asp?tid=323

Thanks. I'll watch it at the weekend when I'm back home at the weekend.

3DKiwi

That's great. I'll be curious to know whether you get any ideas based on his examples. Thanks.

I'll see. I've first got to decipher what Doc Sassi is saying. He knows his stuff but his presentation style isn't my cup of tea.

3DKiwi

Thanks Sonja, you're absolutely right, that the intersecting splines need to be connected, in order for the extrude nurbs to recognize their relationship. However, I have 120 iterations of this morph, and I'll have some more like this before I'm finished with this job. So, I need to find an automated way to approach this task if I'm going to stick with the effect, because it isn't cost effective to manually connect hundreds of splines. Unfortunately.

As for the good Doctor...I'm glad you said it first Kiwi. I have no earthly idea why that guy is always giggling and laughing at every little thing he does in C4D.

Hey Kiwi,

I just came across this thread where you posted an example project to help the person out:

"Morphing A Number 2 Into A Number 4?, any way to morph specific shapes?"

http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/index.php?showt...amp;hl=morphing

You made use of the mograph cloner, and some spline effectors to morph the splines. Wouldn't this be the easiest solution for what I'm trying to accomplish in this thread? I'm still a serious dunce with mograph, and its associated vocabulary, so I can't for the life of me find a way to add an extrude tag to your 2 to 4 morph. What am I missing there with the hierarchy???

Thanks!