Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sneather

Need Emergency Mograph Help, Please!

Which Cineversity tutorial is it? I've got a Cineversity subscription so could have a look.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • My original example project was based on the following tutorials:

Cineversity : Tutorial Track>> Dr. Sassi's Tooltime Tips, Modules: MoGraph : MoGraph, AI-Sequence (LOGO-Morph) http://www.cineversity.com/tutorials/lesson.asp?tid=808

and

Cineversity : Tutorial Track>> Dr. Sassi's Tooltime Tips, Modules: MoGraph : MoGraph, Spline-Mask http://www.cineversity.com/tutorials/lesson.asp?tid=323

Thanks. I'll watch it at the weekend when I'm back home at the weekend.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • That's great. I'll be curious to know whether you get any ideas based on his examples. Thanks.

I'll see. I've first got to decipher what Doc Sassi is saying. He knows his stuff but his presentation style isn't my cup of tea.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • Thanks Sonja, you're absolutely right, that the intersecting splines need to be connected, in order for the extrude nurbs to recognize their relationship. However, I have 120 iterations of this morph, and I'll have some more like this before I'm finished with this job. So, I need to find an automated way to approach this task if I'm going to stick with the effect, because it isn't cost effective to manually connect hundreds of splines. Unfortunately.

• Topic Author
  • As for the good Doctor...I'm glad you said it first Kiwi. I have no earthly idea why that guy is always giggling and laughing at every little thing he does in C4D.

• Topic Author
  • Hey Kiwi,

I just came across this thread where you posted an example project to help the person out:

"Morphing A Number 2 Into A Number 4?, any way to morph specific shapes?"

http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/index.php?showt...amp;hl=morphing

You made use of the mograph cloner, and some spline effectors to morph the splines. Wouldn't this be the easiest solution for what I'm trying to accomplish in this thread? I'm still a serious dunce with mograph, and its associated vocabulary, so I can't for the life of me find a way to add an extrude tag to your 2 to 4 morph. What am I missing there with the hierarchy???

Thanks!

Hi. You can't. With that you're moving objects from one spline to another spline. Lots of little cubes I recall.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • Yes. You built the outline of the 2 morphing to the 4 with cubes, via the cloner. So does that mean that the effect doesn't actually move the splines, per se? So there's no info for something like an extrude, or lathe nurb?

Correct. The splines remains as they are. You are moving cubes from one to the other.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • Argh! Foiled again. This darn thing is going to really run me ragged before I find a workable solution.

I'm now thinking I may try and use the morph tag, the spline mask, and then finally make the extrusions. It looks like there will really be no way around my putting in some manual labor - it just depends on where that is focused.