Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StCanas

Universal Light Control

• Topic Author
  • I vaguely remember sometime ago coming across a plugin that allowed you to adjust the intensity of all your lights at the same time instead of having to do each individually. Anyone know what it's called. I'm searching for it but if anyone knows it might save me a lot of Google time.

Cheers

Karl

EDIT: I've just found Global Light Adjust from Ben Johnson. That seems like a useful plugin but unfortunately it doesn't look as if you can keyframe your adjustments to, for example, have all your lights slowly fade in or out, which is the effect that I'm looking for.

Cheers

Karl

Create one light whatever you want it to be, then select that that light and under the modeling tag select instance this makes a copy of the light and whatever you do to the original light will affect all lights. You can do this as much as you need

• Topic Author
  • mark

I have several lights all with different attributes so I can't instance.

Al

I have Lumen so I'll have a look to see if it offers a solution, although I don't remember it covering this one.

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers

Karl

EDIT: Actually, it's the lights in this scene that I want to control.

http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/index.php?showt...mp;#entry272892

Lumen won't suit this as it uses an instanced single master light.

How many lights are used in your Bottle scene?

Might be easier with a simple XPresso set up with User Data Sliders if it is just the intensity needing adjusted.

You could group lights as needed.

Cheers, Alan.

Repeat after me: Path spline in TOP, profile in FRONT.

• Topic Author
  • I've got eight lights in there at the moment to get it exactly the way I wanted it although I might reduce it to five or six if I can get away with it. The animation has the presentation box that the bottle comes in burning away to reveal the bottle and I have one light setup that works really well for the bottle and one that works really well for the box. Unfortunately neither light setup suits the other object (the bottle being quite problematic) so I want to cross fade from one to the other. I could do it manually as there aren't that many lights and it wouldn't be too much hassle, but as it's probably going to take a few tests to find that sweet spot where the two light setups cross I thought a universal control might be handy. Yes, I think an Xpresso solution might be the answer. I'm an Xpress Dumb Dumb but I'm sure it can't be that hard figure out. Thanks for the suggestion. Now, where's my beginner's guide to Xpresso...

Cheers

Karl

• Topic Author
  • Info

Wow! Thanks... although that doesn't quite do it. I have a range of lights around my bottle all at different intensities and I want to be able to fade them all down to zero at a give frame. Your setup just gives me lights all of the same intensity. Very useful all the same for me to pick apart.

Cheers

Karl

• Topic Author
  • Ha, ha, eureka! If you adjust the Range Mapper output to whatever each light is, it gives me exactly what I want! Thank you very much indeed, info.

Cheers

Karl

EDIT: Sorry, I got so excited there I forgot to add that you need to add a Range Mapper for each of the lights and adjust the Output Upper of each to match it's corresponding light. I'm very excitable sometimes!