Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest tennet

How To "reset" Cinema?

Guest tennet
  • Topic Author
  • Hi! Is there any preferences file or something that you can delete to reset Cinema. I'm using a Windows Vista laptop right now and it crashes all the time when dissolving some edges. ranting.gif Any ideas how to fix? Usually work on a Mac, but I can't right now..

Thanks!

// tennet

Guest Tomas Sinkunas
  • Topic Author
  • hi man.

i had some time with cinema crashing on me, and somewhere on the to hold SHIF (or CTRL don't rememver) and lounch program. That way it kinda resets or something, and i got problemless:)

I have had C4D crash too when dissolving edges. Nothing to do with Vista, though, since I got it on my iMac. Have not seen it on my MacPro and I had come to the conclusion I had selected too many edges at once and maybe gave the app an unsolvable problem. On the iMac, doing it in several steps worked OK. The MacPro it seems to be able to cope so I don't know if it is a cpu issue or a gpu issue or the phase of the moon or what.

I may not be good but I'm slow.

Guest tennet
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks for your help! Couldn't (dis)solve it on the crappy PC, so I'm back with my Mac Pro again. Works perfect! :)