Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest dparker

C4d File Error Please Help!

Question

Guest dparker
  • Inquirer
  • Hey everyone

I've run into a pretty nasty bug with C4D. What I've been doing is working on a scene on one computer my "modeling" computer. Then I save it, and close it. Then I open up the same file again on my "rendering" computer. Render it out, save it, and close the file. Then I go back to my modeling computer and it opens up an empty scene and everything's GONE! This has happened a couple times now and I can't figure out why! PLEASE HELP mur.gif

dparker

Guest dparker
  • Inquirer
  • Well there's nothing in the scene it's empty. So there's no way to tell if anythings turned off. I just had it open and I closed it all down and saved it. Then I went back 5 mins later to fix something I saw in the render and poof, the scene opens in a blank grid.

Is it the same on both machines?

Guest dparker
  • Inquirer
  • Yes both machines open the same thing. Could this be a Mac thing? I'm running Leopard on both. Cuz I know when I have C4D open on both computer and I accidentally have the same file open on both I get some pretty funny results. But I know enough to close one down before opening the other.

Guest dataflow
  • Inquirer
  • your scene could be in a layer (and layer turned off)

upload your scene to a file share site and post link.

its only no image links not c4d files

Guest dparker
  • Inquirer
  • I checked. The only layer that's in there says (Undef. Layer)

What's a free file sharing site I can use?

Guest dataflow
  • Inquirer
  • would have been better to zip it up (c4d files zip to more then half there size)

but never mind i still downloaded it smile.gif

The file does not realy load here

Edit: I checked the file by hand, it seems to be seriously garbled up. Either a plugin wrote nonsense information or the file was damaged in transfer.

About it being a mac thing, there's a bug with OSX 10.5.3 that corrupts adobe files if you save directly to a server. It's a long shot but might be a similar issue??

Guest dparker
  • Inquirer
  • Ya I figured it was damaged. I don't have any plugins so it must have been damaged during transfer. But you know what I just realized something. The computer I use to render on is running 10.08 and my modeling computer is running 10.1. I have the rendering computer hooked up by LAN to the modeling one, and the modeling is hooked up to the internet. So I haven't up dated the other computer. So before I do anything I guess I have to update to 10.11 on the other machine.