Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Esky

How To Reset Pivot

• Topic Author
  • There is a 'Reset Pivot' command for the objects in Maya, I'm wondering how to do this in C4D.

Thanks~

:)

Guest dataflow

what is it that you want to do?

there really isnt much to a pivot object.

you animate it to give other object/character second movement. i.e up/down, side, and pivot/rotate

reset would be just scrubbing back to start of animation

but the settings are in the motion clip "Advanced' tab (from timeline)

Select the object you want to reset the axis of and Go to Structure>Axis Center and hit the execute button. This will default the axis to the center of the object.

Also, are you still using Maya? Why use c4d if you have Maya? Just curious as I'm tinkering with Maya now and just wondering why you're switching if indeed you are.

• Topic Author
  • THANK YOU all. Your info. are helpful.

Re: theinfomercial

I learned Maya when I was in the college.

In my company, we haven't had many projects with 3D stuff.

Maya costs too much, and our main platform is Mac, so after some tests we made the decision to go with Cinema 4D.

Guest mazemouse

Select the object you want to reset the axis of and Go to Structure>Axis Center and hit the execute button. This will default the axis to the center of the object.

Also, are you still using Maya? Why use c4d if you have Maya? Just curious as I'm tinkering with Maya now and just wondering why you're switching if indeed you are.

Is this option also in R9.6? Cause I can't seem to find it here.

Guest dataflow

Is this option also in R9.6? Cause I can't seem to find it here.

no its not in 9.6

Guest Geomaster

It seems that the option in newer versions is under Structure->Axis Center->Axis Center...

On the other side, I've got a question: I have two skeletons, identical with hierarchy. One contains an animation and another is used as a skeleton for a character. When I try to copy keyframes from the animated one, all the rotations on the target skeleton seem to be off. I have tried running Axis Center command with all of the settings availible, on both skeletons, but still no luck. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Here's how the skeletons look in the original state (the left one is animated, and the right one is the "target" skeleton in natural pose):

http://img696. imageshack .us/img696/9664/originald.png

And here's what happens upon copying the keyframes from the skeleton on the left to the skeleton on the right:

http://img189. imageshack .us/img189/7563/copied.png

(delete the spaces in the URLs, the forum does not let me link imageshack for some reason)

Notice how the joints seem rotated by an arbitrary rotation. Any idea?

Thanks very much in advance,

Geomaster.