Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest redlinedrambo

.net Render

Guest redlinedrambo

Hello all,

A quick (hopefully) question about .net render. I have a spare laptop - nothing blisteringly fast or that, but am I able this along with my other laptop using the .net render to boost the render memory and speed up my rendering? If so how do I do this?.. Im not very pc literate and don't really understand the .net render interface...

Many thanks!

Eh, what is a BiCross cable? Using the same IDs for two different systems in a network is a sure way to desaster (no matter what kind of ID you mean here). What do you need a router for if you want to use Net Render?

Net Render is pretty straight forward if you have a working network already. Install the Net Client on the laptop and the server on any of the two machines (preferably the one with a bit more umph so it does not decrease over all system performance to much). In the client enter the servers IP and away you go.

You will need to study the Net render manual a bit (or check tutorials on Net Rendering).

Depending on what laptop you have i doubt that it will be a big help, but it's always nice to have some more CPU power at hand.

If you don't have a working network you might like to check with someone who has a bit of network know how and is nearby to you. It's very hard to configure a network online if you don't have a good working knowledge of this already. One error in this and you loose your internet connection ;)

Cheers

Bjorn

Of course you realise that net rendering is only used for rendering animations? Rendering stills with C4D's net render isn't practical as you have to set up a tiled camera and composite the rendering sections of the image together in Photoshop or another 2D editor.

3DKiwi