Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

morpheus

Rescue My Window. It's Stranded In No-windows Land.

• Topic Author
  • Been looking online for the answer to this infuriating problem but not much luck so far.

I have a window which is so far offscreen that I cant select anything in order to drag it back on screen. All I can see is the shadow of the window (it has gone off the top of the screen.

If I use expose all the windows come onto the screen, but clicking on it sends it back out again.

I am on a mac with tiger.

Is there a way anyone knows of how to move a screen around without a mouse? I remember I used to be able to do it years ago when I used to have a pc.

INFURIATING!

Morph

Guest Apt-3D

OH MAN!! I tried to figure out what your problem was but now I also have a window so far off screen I can't grab it with my mouse anymore!! HELP!!  sad.gif

change your monitor resolution,move the window then change it back

Guest Apt-3D

or just go to "File" and "Close Window"

post-151-1234883113_thumb.jpg

• Topic Author
  • Closing the window is not a problem.

But when it opens again it's off the screen. The window in question are my equalizer settings for itunes which I need to have access to.

Colibert@ my powerbook is already at the max resolution. If I down the res, I can see even less of the screen. :(

If knowone susses it out i will have a look on mine when i get home, i changed the res of my screen here right down and the window was visible, il have another look, sure there is something somewhere, just cant think what!!

• Topic Author
  • I will try it again at a really low res and see what happens.

Just wanna make sure I don't muck anything else up in the process...

cheers Colibert!

Morph

stupid question but you have tried clicking to drag it away? i cant even get one completley off the screen, i literally have a line of pixels showing but can still grab it!!

or double clicking should knock it back onto screen

i cant get it off anymore that this, can barely see it but can still click on it

• Topic Author
  • There is nothing to click.

Here is a pick of the window. You can see the shadow of the window, but there is nothing to grab or click on.

Is there a way maybe to hide the bar at the top of the screen?

Morph

PS. The window at the top in the picture, not the software update on the bottom...

whats in the folder? can you not go through to it copy the contents into a new folder and bin the one thats off the screen? bit of a cop out as there must be a way to do it, how the hell did you get it that far off!!! i have been trying for the last ten mins but cant!! laugh.gif

• Topic Author
  • Its the equalizer window for itunes, so there are no files in it.

I have no idea how it got that far off the screen. laugh.gif Maybe I can hook the laptop up to my tv and get itunes to open up on that cos the resolution on that is 1080p. There's an idea.

Morph

in itunes under window menu try clicking zoom!

EDIT: that wont work because its the equaliser window! ohmy.gif