Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

morpheus

Rescue My Window. It's Stranded In No-windows Land.

I'm a PC user and had a similar problem on my dads computer. Have you had a secondary monitor pluged in recently? If thats the case then you just have to plug that one in again and drag the window back. But what do I know, as I said, I'm a PC user..

Hi

Irritating problem smile.gif

In 10.5 (leopard) you can't drag a finder window under the topbar.

Maybe this helps:

When you have your finder active (so not in photoshop or anything) select the window (you can do this by clicking on 'window' in the top bar, it should be there. Now that it is selected, go to 'window' again and hit the second thing that's there (i'm not sure how it's called in english, a translation of 'vergroot / verklein' should be 'enlarge/scale'.

This should stretch the window, and you'll be able to grab it.

Hope it helps!

That's quite a trick _ I can't get my EQ window to pass the top bar, just buts up against it and stops. I have had LordCalvert's problem a few times, going back to one monitor from two has lost me windows.

Cheers

Karl

Or maybe switch your monitor from horizontal to vertical to make it accessible.

Al's typing, he will know roflmao.gif

I tested it on my other mac, which is still a 10.4.11, but I can't get that window through the top bar =D

So I wouldn't know how to get it back. My post from 5 minutes a go only works with finder windows..

Have you tried quitting i-Tunes or shutting down and restarting?

Quit Software Update?

Or Command+W to close active window?

Command+Shift+Esc to bring up Force Quit and see if anything is 'Not Responding'?

Select and Force Quit apps one at a time to see if anything clears.

Cheers, Alan.

it is weird, i can only get it past the bar on my second monitor, they are a bummer sometimes because it will always jump there, only way i can see is to change the res and move it, works here, if not your going to have reinstall itunes!!

still cant work out how you got it that far up!!!!!

• Topic Author
  • Al was right methinks.

I did the software update, and after everything had restarted, there was the equalizer window sitting starting at me from the middle of the screen.

Mischievious little devil!

Morph

Guest Apt-3D

Glad you're back in business Morpheus. Another way to get a hidden window is to hook your computer up to your TV. I just tried it and was able to get my hidden window back.

• Topic Author
  • Apt-3D... it seems to have sorted itself out. I think the problem prob originally came from when I hooked up my mac to the tv. I must have had i-tunes open on the tv screen.