Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest QuentinB

Can Clones Be Objects For Another Cloner?

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • i think your just expecting c4d to do it the same way Houdini does.

im sure c4d can do anything Houdini does just that you need to stop trying to do it the same way

Guest QuentinB
  • Topic Author
  • Okay, so I figured out why I couldnt do what I was doing. It doesnt work with splineS!!!!!!! see Example file to see what I meant by using cloned geometry as the object of another cloner. and to see what I mean by it not working with splines. So am I wrong to say this can't be done with splines? or can it be done?

QuentinCloner_example.zip

Guest QuentinB
  • Topic Author
  • ok So in this file Example one is doing what I want partially, except that the planes arent facing the way I would like, I would like the planes to face the way they are in Example 2. Press play. Any suggestions? And am I right by thinking splines dont work well with what I'm trying to do? I used a polygon disc this time instead.

QuentinCloner_example2.c4d

Guest QuentinB
  • Topic Author
  • i think your just expecting c4d to do it the same way Houdini does.

im sure c4d can do anything Houdini does just that you need to stop trying to do it the same way

Think you maybe right on that one ^_^ I'll try to change up my thinking, I'm thinking in Houdini's procedural way, I need to learn how to think in C4d's procedural way ^_^

Guest QuentinB
  • Topic Author
  • I know the questions I have been asking seem redundant and confusing, and don't make sense, but I had Ideas in my head about some procedural projects and want to see what I can and can't do with these cloners. Sorry guys, my procedural head is wacky!

Switch the Cloner (Plane) to Edge mode instead of vertex and enable Align Clone for the Connect Object.

Cheers, Alan.

Guest QuentinB
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks! Alan, this opens up a few doors for me ^_^ this is much appreciated!

No problem. It's like opening up a Russian Doll christmas present, there's always another something inside. laugh.gif

Cheers, Alan.

Guest QuentinB
  • Topic Author
  • Good one ^_^