Cinema 4D Plugins
Cinema 4D Plugins

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spacescraper

Vray?

32 posts in this topic

Nice explanation, Karl.

Jim

the speed increase in AR3 isnt with GI.

you'll only get fast render speeds from normal lighting (with lights)

Gi speeds are basically the same speed as older AR but with better quality renders.

so forget about getting faster Gi speeds in AR3.

but having said that some scene will render Gi faster and others slower

The faster renders don't come from AR3 but from the engine built into C4D R11.

Cheers

Karl

sorry mister technical.

i was referring to the render engine which most people refer to as AR3

im just not getting the same look.

the shadowing under the forklift is perfect in GI and AO i cant match it in normal lighting. its the shadow thats not getting there.

here is a scene with the materials and lighting i had originally. im finding it hard to create the same lighting with that really nice finish

tried some omni but the shadow would not work under the vehicle without drifting towards area lighting

im not doing to well on this

Graham

sorry its the bigger of the two which i added some text into instead of the block

i cant use the models in this one im posting

graham

WNC_30tvc_shadow_wrong.c4d

WNC_30tvc_shadow_wrong.c4d

Why aren't you just using my lighting and adjusting to taste? All the shadows that you see in my two examples are a result of the lights I've used.

data, just about everyone buys AR by default so I don't think most people realise that AR just provides bells and whistles and the bulk of the rendering capability is built in to C4D. I certainly don't think that people refer to the built in capabilities as AR3, they definitely see that as a completely separate module. I'm on R11 but I don't have AR3 (as I use Vray most of the time) and, in the context of this thread, I think it's worth pointing out that you don't need to shell out for AR3 to get Ray Trace speed increases.

Cheers

Karl

sorry not wanting to offend you the lighting you suggested is great.

im just having trouble getting the shadow under the object right.

g

If you want a more diffuse shadow switch all to Soft and turn them down to maybe 60%.

Not offended. :thisrocks:

Cheers

Karl

Why aren't you just using my lighting and adjusting to taste? All the shadows that you see in my two examples are a result of the lights I've used.

data, just about everyone buys AR by default so I don't think most people realise that AR just provides bells and whistles and the bulk of the rendering capability is built in to C4D. I certainly don't think that people refer to the built in capabilities as AR3, they definitely see that as a completely separate module. I'm on R11 but I don't have AR3 (as I use Vray most of the time) and, in the context of this thread, I think it's worth pointing out that you don't need to shell out for AR3 to get Ray Trace speed increases.

Cheers

Karl

i have never seen anyone say eg... "the new built in render engine is faster".

they always/most of the time say "the new AR3 is much faster"

im not saying you aren't right, that people shouldn't say AR3 is faster.

but its much easier saying "AR3" then "built in render engine"

But you'd have to look long and hard to find anyone other than me who's running R11 without AR3 so most of the time I think everyone assumes AR3 is where the speed hike has come from. I don't think I've seen anyone engage in any kind of discussion about plain vanilla R11 renders. And it's worth noting that the renders I'm getting out of R11, aside from not being able to do stuff like DOF, are better than the ones I get out of 10.5 with AR.

Cheers

Karl

AR is great for GI and the use of GI with few exceptions is for people that dont light a scene. And Karl you don't seem to be one of those people.

I on the other hand am one of those people and sadly I dont use Gi since it flicklers in 10.5.

/Randy

i do thank you all for your input.

i ended up using AO but i adjusted the materials alot and voila! (attached) this took 47 seconds

and looks as good as the 3 minute render.

i found it was more the materials than light.

i did leave the sky and sun in. and left the blur reflection up at 35 % in places (the joy of a 8 core and 16gb)

and in the end just attched a 22 % area light to the camera.

good day for lighting, thanks for all the help again.

G (happy man) :signthankspin::) :) :)

post-33999-1238521167_thumb.png

post-33999-1238521191_thumb.png