Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vilandra

Need Some Pyrocluster Help

• Topic Author
  • Thanks morph! That looks like it might be what im after. I'll merge it in with my scene and see how it goes. I'll post a render after while. spoton.gif

I think a lot of the really fancy setups have multiple emitters for all the different elements.

Morph

EDIT: This is getting closer. It's tricky finding just the right settings for the extra smoke. It might not be possible to actually get the right setup using just the one emitter...

Pyrocluster does take quite a bit of tweaking to get it to be how you like it. It would be nice if MAXON put better presets in there(like the fire preset). If you know how to use it well, however, it can yield some pretty cool results.

here's my version, ignore the last few frames i forgot to set the emitter to keep emitting !! renders at about 1 min a frame amdx2 2.4 ghz 2gb ram

http://www.black-and-white-to-color.com/stuff/arianne.mov

you can d/l the scene file from my site

Blimey Paul that is pretty darn realistic smoke to me. thisrocks.gif

Steve

redoing it as i forgot to put spread on the emitter !! and i want to smoke to match the reference image more..probably i will balls the whole thing up as is the way with tweaking !!

• Topic Author
  • Thanks Paul. That looks a little closer to what I want than what I have now. Hows the render times?

1 min a frame amd x2 2.4 ghz 2 gb ram

• Topic Author
  • Thats not bad at all.... I'll give it a try and see how it goes.