Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vilandra

Need Some Pyrocluster Help

Pyrocluster does take quite a bit of tweaking to get it to be how you like it. It would be nice if MAXON put better presets in there(like the fire preset). If you know how to use it well, however, it can yield some pretty cool results.

here's my version, ignore the last few frames i forgot to set the emitter to keep emitting !! renders at about 1 min a frame amdx2 2.4 ghz 2gb ram

http://www.black-and-white-to-color.com/stuff/arianne.mov

you can d/l the scene file from my site

Blimey Paul that is pretty darn realistic smoke to me. thisrocks.gif

Steve

redoing it as i forgot to put spread on the emitter !! and i want to smoke to match the reference image more..probably i will balls the whole thing up as is the way with tweaking !!

• Topic Author
  • Thanks Paul. That looks a little closer to what I want than what I have now. Hows the render times?

1 min a frame amd x2 2.4 ghz 2 gb ram

• Topic Author
  • Thats not bad at all.... I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

• Topic Author
  • You're right. It does look better.

It was hard to tell, but in the animation you just posted, once the flame exits the nozzle and turns into smoke, does the smoke keep moving in a downward motion? Or does it come to a stop? Once the flame turns to smoke, it has to slow down and eventually stop for what I want.

mine slows down but does not stop, it would be a case of either increasing the friction or perhaps having the emitter speed at zero and actually move the rocket and emiter. in my scene the emitter and rocket are stationary.

perhaps a combination of the 2, a moving emitter/rocket with the parts set to emit at high speed but the slowed considerabley by a high friction setting

or of course do it with tp

I used a friction preset in order to slow the particles down once they are a certain distance from the rocket.

Morph

• Topic Author
  • I took Pauls scene and merge it in with mine and rescaled the emitter down to fit my boosters, changed a few settings, and then rendered. It was rather slow, but showed that I needed to add some lights to illuminate the sides and back of the smoke.

I added a few spots and tried again.... but this time my machine crashed. Now ive booted up in XP64 and tried to render again with fewer lights. Its now taking about 5 minutes for one frame on my 8-core 4.0Ghz machine.

I think im going to go back and rescale my shuttle to match Pauls emitter and try it again at that scale with those exact settings.

The crashing seems to be related to the huge amounts of volume shadow mapping. When theres no lights other than the sun, theres no problems.

On a side note, it would be nice to have FumeFX type plugin for C4D.